Blackjack – a casino table game more popular than roulette, baccarat and craps combined, you can play it here at www.cozino.com. Its boom in popularity began in the early 1960’s when news got around that there was a method you could use, called “counting cards”, to win the game. Of course, only very few managed to learn the method at all – and casinos have now implemented measures to prevent players from being able to attempt counting cards and may even ban players who are suspected to doing so. Prevention methods include removing a percentage of the cards out of play, as well as using more than one deck at a time. Despite this, Blackjack has remained one of the most famous and popular casino table games in the world. Are you interested in learning to play Blackjack? With this guide, you will learn the basic rules of how to play Blackjack, and be playing in no time.
Let’s get started with the basics – the rules. The game is played with one or more (usually four or six) standard 52-card decks. Each card has a value assigned to it:
– 2 & 10 are worth their face value
– Kings, Queens & Jacks are worth 10
– Aces are worth either 1 or 11: It is usually 11 unless that would put you over 21 – in which case it means 1. When you have an ace in your hand, it may be called a “soft hand”
Your main goal when playing the game is getting your hand as close to 21 as possible. Blackjack may sometimes even be called “21”, for this reason. Remember that you are playing against the dealer, not other players. You can beat the dealer in the following instances:
– You draw a hand of greater value than the dealer’s hand.
– The dealer draws a hand value greater than 21.
– You draw a hand value of 21 in your first two cards and the dealer does not.
You lose by:
– Your hand exceeding the value of 21.
– The dealer having a hand of greater value than yours.
When your turn comes, your options are as follows:
– Hit: Get another card, you can do this until you hit 21 or over.
– Stand: Do nothing.
– Take insurance: This becomes available if the dealer shows an ace. This means that you place a new bet which will pay out 2-1 if the dealer does have a blackjack. If not, you will get insurance which then breaks even.
– Double Down: Double your bet and receive another card.
– Split: If both cards are of the same value, you can split your one deck into two. You will get double the amount of money if both your hands win – but if you lose, you lose double the amount too.
– Surrender: Give up half of your bet without playing, after determining if the dealer has a blackjack.
Now that you have the basics down, you are in a good position to get started playing the game. A good way to get your practice in is playing blackjack online. Blackjack is a game for everyone and with practice; you stand a good chance at being a regular winner.
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.