You can consider using the following tips to sell your house if you do not want to hire a real estate agent.
1. Get Your House Ready
Do the following to get your house ready for the selling purpose:
- Firstly, consider decluttering your house. This will make it more spacious. You can use junk removal companies near your location too.
- Secondly, remove personal statements such as family photographs which you have placed everywhere in the house.
- Thirdly, this is the high time to sell the possessions not in use since a longer period of time.
- Fourthly, consider giving away those possessions which you do not use. You should also consider selling or giving away the old-fashioned items. Again, a trash removal company near your location will come handy here.
- Fifthly, clean the floor. Consider scrubbing those places which you feel a bit filthier. You can also consider hiring professional house cleaning services to make your home look good enough to get photographed.
2. Time to Repair Interior and Exterior
You may have to spend a little time and money to repair the interior of your house; especially, consider revamping kitchen and washrooms as, many a time, they need to get repaired a lot. In order to make your house good enough to be liked by the potential buyer, you can do the following:
- Firstly, paint the walls in a neutral color.
- Secondly, use decorative lights or candles and rugs wherever necessary.
- Thirdly, check if the lawn needs some change.
- Fourthly, check if the main gate needs fresh paint.
- Fifthly, when everything is done, using a professional junk removal company to remove all the debris and junk is recommended.
3. Time to Take Photographs of Your House
Now, your house is ready to get photographed. Take some pictures of the bedrooms, washrooms, kitchen, and laundry area. Do take a picture of your house from front. You will be uploading these pictures on different online house buying and selling portals to attract potential buyers.
4. Research the Market
To set the price of your house you need to research the local housing market. Mark a list price for your house after comparing your house with similar ones having similar area and number of bedrooms and washrooms.
5. Advertise Your House
Now search for different real estate sites such as Trulia and Zillow. Post the pictures of your house along with the list price and other details. Millions of potential buyers use such website and you may start getting calls from potential buyers too early. So, you should also provide some details about the timing when you can welcome the potential buyers to visit your home.
6. Make a YouTube Video for a Home Tour
This will save your time as only those potential buyers will contact you who will seriously consider buying your house after watching the home tour video. However, you should consider making a professional video using a professional camera so that you can attract potential buyers.
7. Consider Holding an Open House
If a great number of potential buyers contact you and show interest in buying your home then you can also hold an open house instead of inviting the potential buyers one by one to visit your house. In this way, you will save your time and the potential buyers will get an impression that quite a lot parties are interested in buying your home. It may help you in selling your home too swiftly.
Lastly, it is advised to read and learn some simple tricks that can help you to prepare your house ready for selling at a good price, even it can give you an opportunity to sell your house for cash. Happy Selling!
Leave a Reply