The trend towards the use of promotional videos in emails increases every day. It is an effective marketing technique that connects you with your subscribers, generates traffic and increases participation. The audiovisual format is preferred by the audience because it has the particularity of offering a large amount of useful information in a short time and interactively.
The videos embedded in emails catch the attention of the recipient, when opening the mail you can see its contents without leaving the inbox, in a practical and fast way. The results are impressive; 100 million people watch videos of products daily and 65% visit the website. The projection for the end of 2018 is that video email will cover 84% of mobile traffic.
There are very useful tools, based on user experience, with attractive plans, that will help you insert your videos in a successful way in the email, such as; Viwom, Doppler, Mailifi Sunrise, among others.
To send your videos, follow these basic steps:
- Use lists, if you do not have them, create them.
- Debug lists to avoid sending them to wrong people or send them repeated. Create lists of 150, to facilitate debugging.
- Import with CSV or Text format.
- Choose what basis your communications; dates, events, seasons, promotion, expiration of subscription, or others.
- Enter the platforms named before, among others, and create a new campaign either simple or social, select an HTML template of the system, create it from scratch, or upload a custom template that already has a video added to the code.
- Proceed to select the previously created mailing list.
- Pre-visualize on the platform to make sure everything is correct to send. Do not forget to personalize.
In some cases the video is not played inside the mail tray, however, you can apply techniques such as:
- Link a static image to the YouTube or Vimeo video content, or create your own videos, using the play button and placing it over the image. This technique forces clicking and play the video.
- You can play the video automatically or place play at the end of the URL. Clicking plays the video.
- You can send immediately or schedule to send it on a specific date.
- Be original.
- Offer an innovative and attractive service, of user interest.
- Be brief, clear and concise.
- Send a video that does not exceed 2 minutes, to avoid the recipient feeling overwhelmed.
- The subject of the message should be short, maximum 3 words.
- The additional text, concise.
- Take care of punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Be creative and send a nice video, with easy-to-understand language.
- Use YouTube in the marketing mix, it helps you expand your audience more, it’s fast, and you need a smaller budget.
- Is able to attract attention, captivate and convince.
- Send a video with a short message, pleasing to the eye and with convincing music, that catches the interest of the recipient.
- Use animated GIF.
Email marketing is a great tool that offers the user accessibility to useful information in an easy and practical way. This marketing technique is effective in the promotion of products and services, allows the connection of subscribers with the company, increasing participation and improving conversions.