Recently, Instagram has evolved from a photo-sharing social network into a popular marketplace for promoting goods and services. So, if you’ve decided to sell Etsy handicrafts on social media, Instagram is perfect for this.
5 steps for the successful promotion of your account
It is very important to know how to add Etsy links to your Instagram biography to promote your store. But for this, the Instagram account must be “promoted”. Let’s dwell on specific steps that will help draw users’ attention to your account:
- Create your own unique visual style. Your page should be recognizable and your photos should be special. Photographs should stand out among millions of similar pictures. You can use special filters, brand logos, processing in graphic editors, etc. to achieve this.
- Constantly update visual content and do not leave your subscribers without news. Create a posting calendar with specific ideas, according to which you will create new posts.
- Work with your tags. For this, use not only those keywords that are directly related to your products, but also keywords from related categories, that will allow getting to your content faster.
- Add a call-to-action to your post. It is mean to invite them to visit your Etsy store, check out the assortment, order and subscribe. This should be done unobtrusively because aggressive marketing is not appropriate here.
- Study the accounts of competitors. Furthermore, it is not forbidden to get some ideas from Instagram bloggers who sell similar products and are popular with subscribers. The mutual PR system works well, but for this, you have to “make friends” with competitors.
When to expect results?
You shouldn’t expect rapid growth of subscribers within the first week after active posting. Also, positive changes in traffic can be noticed not earlier than in a month, and in some cases, it takes up to six months for promotion.
It will be much faster to promote your account through the use of paid advertising. Your page will be actively promoted, attracting the attention of social network users.
But even without Instagram advertising services, success is real. Start promoting your Etsy store now, just gradually filling and improving the design. Learning how to properly organize your Etsy shipping and inventory management is essential to retain customers. And use Multiorders multi-channel management solutions to make it easier to control processes at both platforms.