Online users are very meticulous especially when it comes to new websites. They want to know for sure first if the site is reliable and trustworthy before they browse to buy products or avail services. As a website owner, it is your main responsibility to make your visitors feel secured and confident about your site and the overall services that you offer. Here are some tips that you should consider to gain their most coveted trust.
- Have a neat and direct to the point homepage – you do not have to be techie or creative to be able to design your website. The rule is simple – keep it short, precise and easy in the eyes, especially your homepage. You only have less than one minute to capture the attention of the visitors. If they didn’t see what they are looking for within a short scan, then the tendency is that they will leave your site. You can use a website builder or check out some ready made templates that you can use as guide. Make sure that your homepage will clearly show what your site is about.
- Have SSL certificate – this is something online buyers look in a website especially when they need to enter their credit card details. Having SSL certificate means that their data is secured on your website which gives them relief and assurance.
- List down your contact details in the Contact Us page – one of the first pages that they check out is the Contact Us page. You should include your mobile number, email address, office address and other means that they can contact you.
- Have a Live Chat app service – it would be plus factor to have a Live Chat app wherein a real person can answer their enquiries real time. This is providing good customer service. Users will surely have many questions since they are new to your site, so they will surely appreciate if they can get answers quick.
- Provide honest and high quality content – you should also ensure that you will provide honest and reliable information. Do not deceive your customers by playing with words. You should clearly state the features and benefits of the products you offer, how it works and other details about it. It would be great to post some testimonials and reviews from other customers too. This gives them idea about the products or services you offer.
- Reply to enquiries within 24 hours – it is also best practice to respond to email or phone enquiries within a 24-hour period. You do not want them to think that you are ignoring them so be sure to reply as soon as possible.
- Link your official social media accounts – lastly, it would give them more confidence to see your social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Instagram so you should like these to your website. That way, they know that the website is real and that they can reach you through these social media sites.
These tips will help you gain the trust of your visitors. Once they realised that your site is legitimate and reliable, website traffic and sales will surely boost up.