Your kids’ room is the space where they spend most of their time. Their rooms are like their sanctuaries where they play, sleep, and think. And if your child is older, she/he would also study there. And just like us, they also need their space to be about them and reflect who they are.
Since children are fluid and change their style and preference quickly, it is important that their room also grows and changes with them. And trust us, keeping up with children and their taste is no easy task!
Before you embark on this fun yet challenging task of giving your kids their own space, let’s have a look at why is this even important?
- They learn to value: When a kid has a well-designed room that has things that she loves, she understands the value of things and how to take care of them. A room imbibes the feeling of being responsible for their things and this automatically lets them appreciate and value them.
- Brings calmness: A kid today is surrounded by so much information and pressure that, like us, they also need an escape into space where they can just be themselves. A clean and beautiful room induces a sense of calm and eases the spirit of the kids. This is especially true when you use colours that are vibrant and breezy and at the same time warm and comforting. Colours like pale yellow, sea blue, aqua, and pine green work the best. Asian Paints offers a range of such stunning colours. You can check Apcolite premium emulsion prices at their website.
- Encourages organized behaviour: When her room has elements that the kid loves, she will start taking care of them on their own. These may be fun things like an indoor swing, a frame bed, or even a ball pit, she will clean and preserve them without you ever reminding her. This also encourages independence and responsibility.
- Keeps them engaged: Whether your kid is a budding artist who spends hours painting or crafting, or she loves to dance, or likes to read, her own room lets her spend quality time doing what she loves. Well-designed spaces like an art and craft station or a quiet reading corner with a library can only be created in a space that can be accessed by the kid anytime. And that is her own room. Designing the room elements keeping in mind their interests allows them to follow their pursuits without interruptions.
- Helps them grow: Their room are spaces where they think and act. You should think of creating spaces that spark a sense of adventure and curiosity. And frankly, this is the best way to grow. Kids’ rooms should never be static or mundane. Instead, they should grow with your kid. When you incorporate design elements like a climbing wall, an art station, a library, ceiling design inspired by outer space, or even a tiny treehouse, you not only keep them engaged but also allow them to explore new passions. This sense of the ‘new’ is something that can never be taught in textbooks.
- Lets them be with friends: Kids are most definitely going to invite their friends over. And when they bring their friends in a space that’s functional yet fun, they feel a sense of pride. This helps them in better bonding and socialisation that are extremely important for your kids’ personality.
In case you need more convincing, there are unique platforms like Aapka Painter that offer not only creative wall painting ideas for home but also super-fun ideas and executions for kids’ rooms. What’s more, they have professionalised the interiors space. They are transparent, deadline-oriented, and motivated to deliver what they promise.