Schools in Cambridge – education information
Cambridge is the most famous university town in the UK. Cambridge schools are one of the most popular areas of secondary education, the dream of many children and their parents from different countries.
The international private schools in Cambridge are a popular choice among parents of foreign children and teenagers. The advantages of school education are as follows:
- High rankings
- High percentage of successful enrolment of graduates
- Small number of students in groups
- Quality teaching
- Excellent living conditions.
Students of 3-18 years old are accepted here. Schools honour classical British traditions, adhere to high educational standards, and provide high-quality preparation for further admission to universities in the country. Cambridge schools annually occupy the first lines in the lists of the best educational institutions, specialize in serious and high-quality studying for admission to universities around the world.
The best private schools in Cambridge offer high–quality education for foreign children and teenagers, wider advantages than just exam results – living and studying in a city with ancient academic traditions, the opportunity to enrol in top universities after graduation, strong social ties. Studying at Cambridge for the foreign students is a significant investment in your child’s future. A study conducted by the University College London Institute of Education (IOE) has shown that private school students earn 35% more by the age of 25 than their peers who have received a public education, are more likely to pursue a career in management or professional activities.
Advantages of the best private schools in Cambridge for foreign students
- Very comfortable conditions: and living in residences, and studying (auditoriums, lecture halls, laboratories, libraries — all of the highest level), and for creativity or sports (any studios and sports centres).
- Small number of students in a group and professional teachers with big experience provide the individual approach, better assimilation of the material. As a rule, the best private schools in Cambridge show more impressive results than the rest.
- Studying at Cambridge schools will be a pleasant adventure for the child, will help to plunge into the life of an ancient, legendary student city. Everything here is steeped in history — and knowledge: literally everything around him will motivate him to learn and grow.
Educational programs in TOP private schools in Cambridge
School education in Cambridge includes primary, secondary and high school. Below there is provided information about offered programs:
- GCSE – the course of incomplete secondary education (9-10 grades). The duration of studying is two years; the studying ends with the receipt of a certificate of the same name, which gives the opportunity to study in graduate classes, prepare for university.
- Programs Sixth Form – first of all, this is a two-year A-level: the in-depth studying of 3-4 disciplines, practically at the undergraduate level. With such a certificate, the foreign students can easily enter any university in Britain and the English-speaking (and not only) world. Or IB — international baccalaureate (also 2 years), BTEC (first working, applied specialization), Foundation (one-year preparation for university) — the students choose according to their taste.
Additionally, the best private schools in Cambridge organize summer and seasonal camps, thematic shifts, and offer English language courses — “Academic English” and exam preparation (IELTS, Cambridge profile) are especially popular.
Private schools in Cambridge fees for the foreign students
The cost of tuition for an academic year depends on many components — the type of educational institution chosen, its location, prestige, programs and courses provided, additional services. The price for a school education in Cambridge starts from £ 6,500 /trimester, university preparation programs — from £ 8000 /trimester, summer English courses — from £ 300/week.
Tuition at the private schools in Cambridge is more expensive than day schools in Britain, but those who wish can choose a school and a program according to their financial capabilities.
Additional expenses are as follows— for visa processing, insurance, documents, air tickets, accommodation, personal expenses.
Also included in the cost of tuition at Cambridge schools are:
- A mandatory deposit in the amount of 2000-9000 pounds for the reserve of a study place
- Registration for the course and curatorship — 350-600£
- Deposit for accommodation — from £ 350.
Additional fees are:
- The cost of living in a single room — from £ 19,000/year
- The cost of living in the host family – from £ 4,000/trimester
- For foreign students, additional expenses for English classes – from £ 1,200/trimester.
Enrolment requirements in schools in Cambridge
To enroll in the best Cambridge schools, the international students need to collect a full package of documents:
- Report card with grades for the last 2 years
- Letters of recommendation from teachers
- All available certificates and diplomas of awards and achievements
- IELTS test from 5.5
- Motivation letter
- Testing in compulsory disciplines.