Billboards and standees are out of fashion. Not archaic, but neither effective. They fade when compared to fresher techniques like innovative forms of digital marketing.
Digital marketing has transformed into the #1 money-making marketing technique for businesses which were fast enough to adapt. Do not fret, there’s still time.
There are various forms of reliable digital marketing techniques that can give you a steady supply of brand exposure and help you convert more leads than ever.
1 Social media platforms are unique and you need different techniques for different platforms. Image source: Unsplash.
Social media platforms remain a lucrative marketing venue. However, unless you are careful and smart about it, you run the risk of raising red flags in community moderation as well as advertising management. Rules have become stringent. If you selfishly exploit social media, all that awaits you is endless frustration and bans.
Utilizing social media to generate brand exposure and brand advocacy takes careful planning.
There are many types of social media platforms. Some types are microblogging (like Twitter), image-sharing (like Instagram and Pinterest), video-sharing (like YouTube and Twitch), chat-based (like Telegram and Discord), community-maintained (like Reddit and Quora), corporate (like LinkedIn), or general-purpose (like Facebook or WhatsApp).
They all have great potential. And each one is unique.
There are three rules to winning on social media.
- Provide value. Do not be selfish. If you are in for corporate gains only, social media will fail you big time. You need to provide value to the community so that in turn, they provide value to you. It is a simple manner of give-and-take. Respect the users of social media and genuinely try to help them in whichever way you can. Are you a business dealing in legal matters? You can start by providing valuable information on the most gripping legal issues that the platform’s audience might struggle with. Are you a real estate company? Maybe you can share some information on rent prices from your own expertise to help users.
- Be consistent. Have branding. You cannot stand out without proper branding and consistency in your social media appearance. Be an image. It helps develop an emotional connection with the users of the social media platform. The tone of your communication, your sales copy, your graphics, your color systems and typography, your interaction and posting frequency, and so on – all of it needs to be thoroughly consistent.
- Treat each social media platform uniquely. Not all platforms are the same. People react differently to different types of content online. Users tend to culminate depending on their tastes and expectations from the platform. Writing long-form articles which help business owners will work on LinkedIn and fail on Instagram. Answering user queries casually will help on Quora, whereas you need to be extra careful and more detailed when doing the same on Reddit. Similarly, all platforms have their nuances, and it is completely natural to take a while to get accustomed to these norms.
Sounds hard? Well, if you cannot do it yourself, your best bet is outsourcing to a trustworthy and reliable agency. For example, digital marketing brand Promo Leads has provided small and medium businesses a lot of growth in recent months thanks to their innovative digital marketing techniques.
There are many examples. You just need to do your fair bit of research.
- Great scope of exposure and potential conversions thanks to a large number of people using social media platforms.
- Cheap to implement even larger ad campaigns and mount big organic marketing strategies.
- Community moderation and quality moderation are strict. If you are not careful with what you advertise and how you do it, you can get overlooked to oblivion or get banned.
2 Most people find information online through Google. Consequently, they have higher purchase intent as compared to social media. Image source: Unsplash.
Getting leads from Google searches generally costs more than running ads on social media platforms. However, the more targeted of the two is indeed Google.
Checking a reliable digital marketing agency like the digital marketing brand Promo Leads or official documentation like Google Support’s Ads Community will give you insights into how effective Google-based digital marketing works and what type of results you can expect.
- Highly targeted traffic. Might have a high buying or acting intent.
- A great deal of traffic to tap into and network with.
- Fairly simpler setup and a low threshold for the technical know-how you need to run successful digital advertising campaigns.
- Higher competition across industries and niches.
- It generally costs more to run Google Ad PPC campaigns than running social media ads.
Where Should you Invest?
Promo Leads MD Samuel Adams remarks, “Every business is inherently different, even to its closest competitor, and as such, what works for it is localized and unique to said business only”.
Building upon that, it is fair and safe to state that you won’t know where to spend more (or, if at all) unless you try.