For decades, it is a common myth that one should not use any form of oil on the skin. Well, it may sound strange, but even the ancient people used to clean their skin with oil and used oil for various cosmetic purposes. Moreover, a recent study has proven that some of the oils, like avocado, almond, apricot, jojoba, and several other essential oils, contain anti-inflammatory and skin barrier effects. So, why not use it as a part of your daily skincare routine?
What is cleansing oil?
Cleansing oil for face is a very light-weight oil that can cleanse the skin. It is basically used to remove makeup and other surface debris. It helps eliminate excess oils from the skin. When you clean your skin with oil, you remove all the unwanted oils present from pores, and other impurities without drying the skin. And the result is healthy and rejuvenated skin that is hydrated and free from all blemishes.
What are the benefits of cleansing oil?
There are several benefits of using cleansing oil for face. Some of the most important ones are listed down here:
· It is very effective in removing all types of makeup and in cleansing the skin without making it flaky or over dried.
· It helps in the nourishment of the skin by removing all the traces of dirt and other impurities present in the skin.
· It leaves the skin rejuvenated, and the skin becomes supple and soft.
· It helps in protecting the skin from dry and harsh weather conditions.
· It also reduces the probability of developing allergies or other skin conditions like eczema.
· It helps in keeping the skin tight and removes the excess oil present under the skin.
How to use the cleansing oil?
Let’s take a tour on how to use this cleansing oil for face. It is basically used in a similar fashion to other cleansers. Here is a step by step guide to using it effectively.
· Take 1-2 teaspoons of oil or say 1 or 2 pumps on the palm of your hand.
· Gently massage it to your dry skin in an upward circular motion and also in the eye area.
· After a gentle massage for a min or two, when the oil has entirely soaked your skin, add a little amount of water and massage it to blend the oil.
· Massaging the skin helps to break down the impurities and also accelerates the circulation rate, thus giving an instant radiance to the skin.
· After you are done, with the massaging process, rinse off your face thoroughly with some lukewarm water.
· Pat dry your skin with a soft towel or a washcloth and gently wipe off the excess oil if present.
· Apply your daily skincare routines like toner and moisturizer and enjoy the rejuvenation when done.
The frequency of usage basically depends on the type of skin. You can use it once every day after returning from work or before bedtime to let your skin feel refreshed and relaxed during sleep.